04 November, 2010

Lemon Lime Mint Sorbet


Have you ever try lime juice with mint leaves? Try it and trust me, you will fall in love with this combination. I have tried this at a Thai Restaurant and from then on, I cannot forget the taste and will have craving for it. Hence I decided that I should recreate what I have tasted. The difference is I converted it from a juice base to a sorbet and mine is healthier as you can control the amount of sugar you want to out inside.


Ingredients

10 lemons and 10 Thai limes
You can decide how sour you want the sorbet to be, increase the amount if you want it to be more sour
75g  of sugar
Decrease or increase according to your preference
1 bunch of mint leave, finely chopped
I like mint with lime, hence I tend to put more
60 ml water

  • Take some times and patience to squeeze the juice out of the fruits.*my hands ached after that* Add in the finely chopped mint. If you are too lazy, you can buy the packet juice to replace. Nevertheless beware of sugar content.
  • Combine the sugar with the water and cook slowly on the low fire. Cook till sugar dissolved and the mixture thicken
  • Combine the juice with mint together with the syrup.
  • Pour in  freeze-proof container. Leave to cool before freezing it.
  • Once frozen, remove it from freezer. Using a metal spoon to stir the and break up any ice crystal formed. Refreeze the sorbet again.
Can do this if you have to bring dessert to a dinner party. It is especially good after a heavy meal.

Enjoy!

No comments: