13 November, 2010

Kimchi Fried Rice -- kam sa ham ni da (Thank you in Korean language)


Woke up late today and was too lazy to head out for lunch. Yes, I woke up during lunchtime ;P (Paiseh!). Checked the fridge and there was this bottle of kimchi bought recently and leftover rice from last night. Did not take me long to decide on the combination - Kimchi fried rice...yummy!


I needed meat in my food but there was none in freezer to be used. Decided to try cooking tuna with fried rice.
Ingredients

1.5 cup of leftover rice
Half can of tuna, chunks
1 egg
Kimchi
1 tsp Pepper
0.5 tsp salt
1 tbsp of soya sauce
1 garlic, finely minced
2 tbsp of oil

Methods

Put the salt, pepper and soya sauce on the rice before frying (I am not too sure why I do this too but apparently the taste is better when I do that. Maybe the sauce is better distributed)

Fry the garlic. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Cook in medium heat. Once it starts to turn gold. add in the rice and start to stir-fry it for around 5 min. Next add, in the kimchi and you will see the fried rice take on the colour of kimchi.



Lastly, throw in the tuna and fry for while. Now it is ready to serve.

But hold a sec, fry one egg first.



Then you can eat:)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tes said...

What a genius recipe! It sounds quick and yummy :) I just love kimchi!